There are 10 steps to becoming a Franchisee. We have listed all the steps below to help you move through the process efficiently.
1. The first step is to fill out the “Start Popping with Us!” form to get in contact with our Business Development Advisor. They will be able to provide you with more information about the opportunity and answer any initial questions you may have.
2. From there you will receive an Information Package and Candidate Profile which you can fill out and return to the Business Development Advisor. This will allow us to assess the current situation, timeline, location, etc. to make sure this is the right fit for you and us.
3. Once we have had the chance to review your Candidate Profile, we will e-mail you a copy of the Franchise Disclosure Document for Poko Popcorn. This is a document disclosing information about the franchise, including information regarding existing locations, financial statements for the master franchisor, and a copy of the franchise agreement.
4. Upon receipt of the Franchise Disclosure Document, please sign the two acknowledgement pages enclosed and either mail, send them via scanned e-mail back to us.
5. Once you have reviewed the material in the Franchise Disclosure Documents, we ask that you contact the Business Development Advisor to set up a phone interview (approximately one hour) to discuss our mutual questions.
6. We recommend that you contact several of our franchisees so that you may ask them about their experience and opinions about the business first hand.
7. We will mutually confirm a convenient time for you to schedule a visit to our headquarters in Calgary for a “Discovery Day” to meet our team.
8. Discovery Day is primarily for your benefit. It is your chance to discuss your questions and concerns, face to face, with our experts in operations, construction, real estate, accounting and marketing. Your visit to Calgary will also provide you with a chance to visit our corporate kiosk location and learn more about the day-to-day store activities.
9. Shortly after Discovery Day, we will contact you for a final discussion to determine our mutual interest and decision in becoming a Poko Popcorn Franchisee. Once you have been approved as a Franchisee, we will send you two executable copies of the Franchisee Agreement.
10. When both Franchise Agreements are signed and the Franchise Fee of $25,000 is paid, we will begin the site selection and store development process.